Familian:BidVertiser

Friday 1 April 2016

Why Didn't He Come for Meals?


















Can anyone tell where my friend is gone?
I haven’t seen him since yesterday
While I was going begging
That was when
I saw him last.
Now, it’s second evening in my home
The plastic shed on the footpath
Hours I have spent wondering
Where on earth he must be
For two days past?

Every evening we eat together our doled dinner
From one piece of thrown away newspaper
And sleep together in the comfy corner
Of the wall and the pavement
Ignoring passing feet
In December biting winters we’ve kept warm
By sharing our warmth with each other
By making a blanket of our bodies
Winter is far but a chill has set in
I know not where we’ll meet
              
“Sorry to know about your dog, my sympathies,”
Said a generous man, a regular benefactor
What say you? I query with silent tremor
Poor thing was run over on the highway
By a truck of heavy carrying wheels
To the spot I ran as fast as my legs could 
My dear animal was not there but his 
Flesh and blood stains were all over
Smashed to pulp, oh dear, dear
How could he come for meals?


Xavier Bage
Fri, April  01, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment