Familian:BidVertiser

Thursday 14 April 2016

Can You Buy Me a Bike, Papa?


















Can you buy me a bike, Papa,
On my upcoming birthday?



Dobby’s dad gave him a bike

Molly’s mom brought her like                    

Poppy’s pop bought a Ladybird

Showing off, zooming around

On and on their bikes they ride

 In the common playground

When we other children play!



They wouldn’t give me once to ride

On their bikes they take lots of pride

They wouldn’t allow me to even touch

As if they will be dirtied by my fingers

Buy me a bike Papa, as soon as you can

The wish to learn to ride one lingers

And hurting nasty words they say!



The boy is unaware of my limiting pains

That I draw neither salary nor gains

I could have honored the child’s wish

If I had money enough to buy a bike

Oh the chains I’ve been bound with

And the whiplash termed price hike

Pray O kind Lord, show me the way!



Xavier Bage

Thurs, April 14, 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment