Familian:BidVertiser

Friday 29 April 2016

My Rainbow Beetle

















In my childhood days
In the tea estate primary school
I had a rainbow beetle
As my pet
That in the green tea bushes
I had met.

I used to take it to school
In an empty match box
Fresh tender grass
I gave it to feed
My rainbow beetle, my companion
It was in classroom and play mead.

I wept silent tears
When to the boarding school
 to live and learn
I was brought
I had to leave my rainbow behind
Though every free moment
Its image my heart sought.

I yearned for my rainbow beetle
on my bedding
every night
When I went to sleep
I wondered how
My little brother and sister
The rainbow did keep.

I was told when
I returned home for
The Holy Easter holidays
For a week
The beetle had flown away
Into the tea bushes nearby
Impossible for two children to seek!

Now after years and years
I understand and feel
It was best for it
To fly away free
Keeping a creature with wings
In a little match box
Was cruel to the highest degree!

Xavier Bage
Fri, April 29, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment