Familian:BidVertiser

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Will You Love Me Inspite of the Card?




It’s the last day in the school
Of the 2015-‘16 academic year
Some faces with great expectations
Some faces wrought with fear

With their smiling parents some
Higher class students without
Are streaming into the campus
Silent, it’s not a day to shout !





In the respective classrooms
Class teachers are on their seats
With the result cards scripted
That describe the students’ feats

Proudest are those lucky parents
 Whose progeny grab topmost rank
Flaunt the treasure they’ve found
As if they in full rights own a bank

But aren’t those children happy too
Who have done moderately fine
And have been promoted a step
Higher to the next class’ line?

Here’s my orphan boy lean and weak
Who has just scraped through
Says, “I’ve not done so well Papa,
Will you keep loving me as you do?

I tried as best as I could, you know
As you walked with me the way hard.”
“I’ll walk with you to the end, my boy,
I’ll love you truly whatever be the card!”

Xavier Bage
Tues, March 22, 2016
Pic: Free Pixabay



No comments:

Post a Comment