Familian:BidVertiser

Wednesday 2 March 2016

Nightmare



“What is your contribution to the society?”
Barked the loftily seated judge angrily
In my wildest of dreams in my whole life
 I’d never expected to be thrown this stone
For I believed my whole being is at service
Of the family for those who have none
A question unjust and rarest of the rare
It was only the deadliest nightmare!

 Next, His Honour accused me of theft
A crime concocted within him and kept
He had decided to declare me the culprit
Not caring to check the facts and truth
To be sentenced and penalized fully fit
 He listed my failings from his black book
He was glad he’d caught me in a snare
It surely was a hellish nightmare!

Next, he dug out more brickbats aimed to hurl
Sharpened shrill to injure making my blood curl
Points personal and public demoralizing to core
Dragging unkindly my dear family and children
Matters remote brought noisily to the fore
Before all ears of this land or of the travelers
His insinuating intention rid of disguise, bare
It surely was a devilish nightmare!

Contribution I’ve not made even a dime
But I have spent years of my lively prime
In serving children, in loving orphans to build
Without salary or remuneration to call own
Those tender lambs from all harms to shield                                          
Trusting He who sees all, me He will reward
For not a leaf falls without His knowing care
He has the power to transform any nightmare!

Xavier Bage
Thurs, 03 March 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment