Familian:BidVertiser

Sunday 13 March 2016

Admirable Imperfections


















Perfection- how does it show?

Anywhere does it exist?

In what does it consist?

It is God’s property I know

But does it in man reside?

Or does it with woman abide?

Where’s it that I might bow?



If I go visiting Hollywood

And observe the icons of celluloid

Aren’t they of values somewhat void

Mockers of “are” and “should”

The supermen of the high society

The superwomen of rare variety

Hide imperfections behind their hood



Aren’t they all statues of clay?

With a blow sure to crumble

To fall in rubble heap humble

The media blows what they say

Greater than life a fake image

And foolish crowds run with craze

Only  truth can endure to stay



Will you exchange your place

With the king on the throne?

Soundly surrounded yet alone

Would you keep his son-in-law’s face?

God forbid! I’m better imperfect, I believe

Admiring love and like that I receive

Gladder I am than holders of mace!



Xavier Bage

Mon, March 14, 2016






No comments:

Post a Comment