Familian:BidVertiser

Saturday 26 March 2016

He's Risen Sun Bright















Why do you weep so, O Magdalene?
With endless tears you have cried
What was to happen has happened
Can we bring him back if we tried?

It’s sorrowful for all of us, you know
It’s saddening sure beyond measure
We’re all bearing it up with patience
Without sorrow is there a creature?

Death visits us by this means or that
Has anyone been able to prevent?
Today it has snatched him from us
For some time to us he was sent?

Rise and drink a little water, O child
Dear, do eat a little piece of bread
May God’s consolation support you
He’s God of the living and the dead!

Loads of words they were pouring me
Nothing consoled me, gave me rest
I’ll go sit at my dear Lord’s grave there
The place which will comfort me best

My Lord Himself I met him there alive
The conqueror of death risen sun bright           
Beyond all words, beyond my language
To know you should have seen the sight

He has taken my sadness away at once
No sorrow remains now in my heart!
He has bid me to spread the good news
So that all can drink of the joy a part!

Xavier Bage
Easter Sunday, March 27, 2016





No comments:

Post a Comment