Familian:BidVertiser

Sunday 20 March 2016

Three Witches of Macbeth



















When I was fast returning
From factory one midnight
I stumbled by the wayside
On a strange, intriguing sight



Three women bare bodied
Swaying around a bonfire
Dancing to murmuring spells
Plotting some actions dire



Fearing for my life’s welfare
Forwarding feet fell silent
I uttered the Savior’s name
Awaiting fiery fate violent



No, but an unexpected scene
Presented to me by surprise
The three witches of Macbeth
Humbly, quietly  did they rise



With folded hands to chest
And on them heads bowed
The hags of dark midnight
As holy nuns they showed



I had expected in fear deep
At me fatal curses to fly               
Instead there stood before
Tribal women mild and shy



This lowly servant of God
Does he appear them a ghost?
That in course of craft’s class
In devotion they find lost?



"O Prophet Master, mercy!”
At last they find their voice
“Mercy, to save ourselves
This was our only choice!



Condemn us not, curse not
In Lord’s name do be kind        
Spare us, point right path to us
Pray, to eternity do not bind!”



“Who am I to bind you, sisters?
Who am I one to curse?
To condemn is not mine ever
Trust God, better or worse.”



Walking home I sank in thought
Yet humbled than before
Evil may subdue man awhile
Human souls seek God more



Xavier Bage
Mon, March 21, 2016.




image: Pixabay




No comments:

Post a Comment