Familian:BidVertiser

Tuesday 6 October 2015

To a Simple Mom



Posted in Expertscolumn – 12.05.2013
She was a simple woman but taught me great values. This poem is my humble tribute to my mother on Mothers’ Day.

A small girl
who was born in a small village
beside a small river near a small forest;
 did small things such as
jumping into the river for a swim
dipping her small fingers to catch small fish
pulling out small crabs from their small holes
shaping little toys and statues with clay.
She walked through the forest
with her small band of friends
 to gather wild flowers to offer
at Mother Mary’s small grotto
beside the small village church.
When she grew up to be a young girl
she was married in a simple way
to a simple man in a tea estate.
She did simple things such as
cooking, washing and cleaning
and laboring in the tea estate
picking tea leaves with other simple women.
Though her day was spent in the estate
 she completed her housewifely chores
and her motherly duties in simple love
patiently, quietly, simply.
Thank you Mom for teaching me
 to love my father, brothers and sisters;
for teaching me to love the forest
the trees, the plants and the flowers;
to love the river, the water, the fish and the crabs
 for teaching me to talk with the animals of the wild
 in friendly voice;
 for teaching me to care
 for people and nature
Patiently, quietly, simply.

 by XavierBage  
 2013.05.12





No comments:

Post a Comment