Familian:BidVertiser

Wednesday 28 October 2015

The Warning of the Voiceless



Don’t think you can hit me
and won’t be hit back;
because I can’t move my limbs
as freely as you can move yours;
because a protesting voice I lack.
There’s someone standing behind me
Who can give you a mighty whack!

I’ve wished to be your friend always;
nay, I’ve always been your brother.
I’ve always loved and supported you
without counting the cost, ever.
But, you’d be an enemy rather;
you cause me pain in all you do,
forgetting we are born of one Father.

You twist my arms, rob me of my joy;
you go on to axe me and mutilate.
With deafening noise you jump in glee,
compelling birds and animals to flee.
The horrible way you celebrate;
you think you are civilized while
you pollute my home, on me you urinate.

Don’t think you will go unpunished;
don’t presume you’ll not get back your blow.
You’ve got to reap what you sow.
My revenge doesn’t make a sound,
but it unmistakably falls hard and slow.
I’m a part of the ruthlessly just Eternal Karma
Hard you might try, you can’t escape my law!

P.S. – Who is the speaker of the poem? O gentle and wise reader, I leave it to you to guess; for you might see a person or a living being around you, who is as defenseless or voiceless as the speaker of the poem.

By Xavier Bage

July 4, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment