Familian:BidVertiser

Monday 12 October 2015

The Wait at the Senior Home's Gate



By Xavier Bage, 6th Feb 2013 |Posted in Wikinut

What is behind the watery eyes of the grey-haired woman sitting at the gate of the Senior Citizens' Home? Who is she waiting for?

Stand Awhile O Passer-by

What does the old woman seek,
daily at the Seniors’ Home gate?
With tearful wait in tired eyes,
for someone who is coming late?

Is it a son or a son-in-law
or one who has left her here?
Did they find her so unlovable 
a pest on their younger cheer?

Was she a yoke on their neck?
An eyesore in pleasure house?
A drain on their dear budget?
An annoying gnawing mouse?

Stand awhile, O passer-by,
speak to me or hear my tale
of sorrow frozen in my chest.
Help me melt my years of wail.

Just a drop of warmth, have I .
Can it melt the solid sorrow?
I will stand near you awhile.
Can it bring a better ‘morrow?

Yes, your words have made a day;
your voice has brought sunshine.
Listening ears of yours have
lifted burdened heart of mine.
   
                    XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment