Familian:BidVertiser

Friday 30 October 2015

The Devil came in a Saint's Disguise



The devil came in a saint’s disguise

Dined with me and won my trust

I was led by him through rosy dreams

That were sure one day to burst

His words were alluring and honeyed

I was drawn limply I didn’t suspect

And today I am no less than cursed



A simple man I was and still am

Unable to see through dirty deceit

I’ve trusted saintly persons all my life

Never seen poison under layers sweet

And eventually the masks have fallen

And the costume no more hides the truth

My life plants are singed by hell’s heat



Death stares at me with bared teeth

Brimming with hideous hellish guile

Surrounded by enemies I find myself

Who close on me with raving rant and rile

Brandishing their blades blood thirsty

To butcher me into pieces and munch

They jeer and jump on curdled corpse pile



There isn’t a friend near me to rescue

No one is beside me to assist in the fight

To repel the hell’s hordes and create

A space to escape to my left or right

Who can save me from the unholy clutches?

Trust only the Savior who vanquished him

With his holy blood on Calvary’s height





By Xavier Bage
Friday, 30 October, 2015





No comments:

Post a Comment