Familian:BidVertiser

Tuesday 24 November 2015

Kitt's Silence



You slapped me hard
on my two tender cheeks
with your fattened fingers
without caring to check the facts

I could not defend myself
for you are an adult fully empowered
and I am only a nine year old;
a bony fragment of weak humanity

Your are the Master- in- law of the estate
and I am only an orphan abandoned
waiting to be thrown some pieces of bread
by your conceited merciful hands

I could not reply to your accusations
I could not retaliate; for I am a “dalit”*
 I received the bloodied red lines on my face
No tears flew down my anemic cheeks

I had stiffened my skeleton
turned it hard like a volcanic rock
But my heart cried of the tearing pain
And my tears flowed down to my guts

The gift of your fingers on my cheeks
will disappear in some hours
but the dent on my heart will remain for ever
reminding me of your unjust assault

One day, the little devil of your family
will suffer and make you suffer
for all the acts of injustice on angels
For me, the eternally just Karma will retaliate

Till then, grow in your inequities
Gather the tears and sighs of the innocent
Your jar will be soon filled to its brim
Then, hubris will batter it into thousand pieces.

*dalit= oppressed low class in the Hindu society

By Xavier Bage
Fri,  Oct 2, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment