Familian:BidVertiser

Thursday 19 November 2015

A Peep into Rahul's Mind





Sometimes, I look at my ten-year-old foster son Rahul's face and peep into his mind. In spite of my caring efforts I can't do away with some of his traumas and fears.

In His Hand Leave the Rest
 

My memories grope to sketch
My faraway father’s face
My mother’s shape somewhat
In broken lines I can trace
Once or twice she visited me
I wonder where she must be

I’ve got a “Papa” in the house
He loves me a lot
But I know well like others
My father, he is not
My “Mummy” cares for me tenderly
But she too is a mother given to me

My brothers and sisters really
I can’t say, are mine
The home I live in, is a shelter
Though it’s quite fine
I get what I need - clothes, drink and food
But who am I - I often think and brood

Mummy calls my name with
Melodious loving voice
Papa pulls me to his heart
When he wishes to rejoice
I forget my loneliness for a while
That is the time I laugh and smile

What may be the meanings of
The beaconing stars of hope?
To which anchor can a child’s mind
Fasten his future’s rope?
Like a dry leaf in gale I am blown
Which tree can I call my own?

Rahul, my son, for your future
You need not fret or fear
Accept what Love gives you
Gifts present and near
Life is a package, make of it, the best
In the loving hand of God, leave the rest.
  
16th Feb 2013 | Posted in Wikinut




No comments:

Post a Comment