Familian:BidVertiser

Monday 28 September 2015

Walk Slowly Sweet Sister Night



By Xavier Bage, 30th Jan 2013 | Posted in Wikinut
I have found that night is the best time to pray for those who are in need of my prayers most.

Prayers from My Pillow

Walk slowly and softly my sweet sister night,
For a little while more I need the silent starlight;
To send my prayers to the holy heaven’s height.

Someone lives a lonely life in a depressed room,
Passing dreary days in bottomless ghostly gloom;
Where no hope sprouts, no buds ever bloom.

Someone is abandoned in deadly dark despair,
Waiting for someone’s tender words of care;
Come they may only if they truly love and dare.

Someone is condemned to nights cruelly cold,
Someone is left to die infirm, hungry and old;
Someone is born free, yet auctioned and sold.

Someone is languishing within hard prison walls,
Where no light enters ever and no blessing falls;
Unjustly incarcerated, where no justice calls.

A grieving mother who has lost all her sons,
No comforts near, in tears her sorrow runs;
Life is a slow death with burdens tied in tons.

Walk slowly dear sister for in need many are-
Of my prayers; some are near some quite far;
Some are traveling now, some caught in a war.

Someone is in pangs of death this very moment,
Someone’s heart is about to be in brute grief rent;
To the mourning let my consoling touch be sent.

Some of them I know well, some only by name,
Some of them I know not but it’s just the same;
In my Lord Saviour’s name all of them I claim.

Walk softly, my dear sister night, walk slowly,
For I’ve to send so very high my prayers lowly;
Ere the day’s duties dictate my mind wholly.
                          ***

No comments:

Post a Comment