Familian:BidVertiser

Sunday 13 September 2015

There's Victory after Calvary



Lord, my cross has become so heavy
That I’m crumbling under its weight
I’ve been judged unjustly
I’ve been scourged mercilessly
I’ve been spat upon contemptuously
I’ve been insulted grievously
I’ve been pushed around rudely
Yet, I received the log of wood on my back
I didn’t run away from my cross
Because you said, “If anyone wishes to be my disciple
Let him renounce himself and take up his cross
And follow me.”

I’ve followed you on the rugged way everyday
I’ve fallen many times
I’ve risen again and again
and resumed my staggering journey
With the heavy wood on my shoulder
Now, it seems much heavier than before
There is no Simon of Cyrene to help me
O Messiah, can you take away this cross off my shoulder?
It’s too heavy and my strength is spent!

Yes, my Savior, speak. I’m listening
One night, in the garden of Gethsemane
Like you I prayed my Father to take away
The cup of suffering from me
But my wish was not done
 I was here to do the will of my father
I was to carry the cross
No one else could do it
I was to redeem mankind
No one else could do it
Today it is you who are to carry a cross
No one else can carry

You are not only a disciple
You are other me,
You are other Christ
You are assigned a mission
And you are here to accomplish it.
Though you may feel tired and weak
My grace is enough for you
Don’t be afraid of Calvary
After the cross there is victory.”

No comments:

Post a Comment