Familian:BidVertiser

Monday 21 September 2015

Wait for Me



As a foster parent in an orphanage I help slow learning children with their lessons. At such times, I often hear the whispers of their hearts.

Whispers of Their Hearts


Wait for me, O companion,
Please don’t move so fast;
I can barely walk slowly
Hardly recall the lesson last.

Can you hold my hand?
I wish to be at your side,
Perhaps I’ll match my steps
With yours if you abide.

I feel like an outcast,
In so intelligent a class
When I trudge on words
By me you swiftly pass.

Sometimes I wish there was
For the slow ones like me
A school which didn’t fly
But walked with us tenderly.

A classroom which pulls not
But lifts us slowly high
O what a great feel it’d be

To have a friend so nigh.

Posted in Wikinut
July 5, 2013
Xavier Bage

No comments:

Post a Comment