Familian:BidVertiser

Thursday 10 September 2015

Ephphatha



I can’t see as I should
I can’t hear as I should
I can’t speak as I should
If you wish you can touch me
Touch my eyes,
Touch my ears
Touch my tongue
and heal me from my impediments
O Savior Lord,
Here, I wait with faith
Say to me with your power
Ephphtha!
Open my eyes that I may see anew
Open my ears that I may hear your words
Open my tongue that I may speak
as you want me to speak
That my words may open too.
There are hearts to open
 there are minds to open
There are ears to open
There are eyes to open
There is so much to open
Love and kindness, forgiveness and peace
Joy and graces, wisdom and understanding
The streams have been blocked
Stones of broken humanity, hatred and anger,
Walls stronger than concrete
Ephphatha!
Say it again to the world,
Say it to those for whom you died
Say it to those for whom you shed your blood
Say it to all humanity
Ephphatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment