Familian:BidVertiser

Monday 28 September 2015

The Breeze that Made Me Heaven Bound


By Xavier Bage, 14th Jan 2013 | Posted in Wikinut

I saw five little angels waving to me as I passed by the school playground. What have I done to deserve such a precious gift of heaven?

Five little angels waved to me
As I passed by the school playground
It was a pure joy
That touched me deeply
A breeze that made me heaven bound

I am not their teacher
Neither am I an employee in the school office
I am not a relative of their mother
Nor am I a son of their grandfather
Yet on my heart I experience their tender kiss

I am not an adored film star
Neither am I a television personality
Nor a handsome singer or a dancer winsome
Nor a person of political importance
Nor a celebrity of monetary dignity

What was that they saw in me?
They must have made a mistake
Did they take me for someone else?
Did they wish to cheer a stranger?
To find a reason my mind I rake.


Was it a reward for some humble
Act of kindness long forgotten
For some good turn to a stranger
For a moment spent with a lonely one
For a hand offered to a senior citizen?

It is not given to me to know hows and whys
Of the joys granted graciously
Can I say why someone laid his life for me
Or how was I saved from sure death
By someone so lovingly, so miraculously

I have only to be grateful for ever
As I move on with my life day after day
For all the gifts little or big
Showered on me gratuitously
Can I ever pay?
          ***

No comments:

Post a Comment