Familian:BidVertiser

Wednesday 23 September 2015

Insult Me Not


The donkey is thought to the symbol of foolishness. We laugh at a foolish person by calling him "donkey". We also look down upon people for their colored skin, social habits, their professions etc.

Insult me not because I am a donkey,
Don’t look down upon my birth.
I have a place in God’s creation,
I have a value on the earth.
I was there in the stable,
when the Messiah was born.
I carried Him to His capital,
with hosanna sounds of horn.
I can transport any load,
which you can only glance.
I will bend my head down,
and walk to any distance.

Insult me not for my colored skin,
Don’t sneer at my eyes or nose.
They are what nature gave us,
We can only take a pose.
What is infinitely precious,
is placed deep inside me .
You could be a blind fool,
if you degrade and deride me.
What becomes of our colors,
what happens to our shape,
when the earth embraces us,
and covers us with a drape?

We fill our brains with facts,
but fail to be truly wise.
if from our petty attitudes
unfortunately, we fail to rise.
If we don’t look far beyond,
and don’t see the truth eternal .
Should we be licking the coir
when we should enjoy the kernel?
Look at God’s great garden,
and appreciate its vast variety.
See if you can worship Him there,
and grow in prayer and piety.
                 +++

Posted in Wikinut
March 14, 2013
Xavier Bage
              

No comments:

Post a Comment