Familian:BidVertiser

Friday 18 September 2015

The Tiny Flower in the Meadow's Grass



When I went for a walk in the morning I saw a tiny flower in the meadow's grass. It looked so fresh and happy. I began to talk to it and it made my day.

Thank Him and Rejoice
O little flower on the green meadow’s grass
Your few hours bound life will soon pass
Yet your smile is joyful, fresh and bright
That heightens the lively morning’s light

What is the joy that makes you smile so
What’s the secret won’t you let me know
Is it the soil under your feet which you love
Or is it the sun, air and dew from above?

How tiny was the seed wherein you slept
Yet to meet the dawn the promise you kept
How minute a space you needed to bloom
But you’ve blown the lone watcher’s gloom

A drop of water quenches your puny roots
Yet more content than anyone are your shoots
How sad are the human hearts that ever crave
For money, for power, for pleasure to the grave


I wish to be like you, teach me the secret
Long life doesn’t make one happy, you bet
“Know and love the Father,” says the tiny voice,
“Every moment of your life thank Him and rejoice.”

No comments:

Post a Comment