Familian:BidVertiser

Monday 28 September 2015

The Chapel beside the River



By Xavier Bage, 9th Apr 2013 | Posted in Wikinut
Flowing water holds a magic on me. That's where poetic thoughts pour out and that's where God of my Fathers speaks to me.

That's Where God Speaks to Me

Give me a shade beside a river,
And my heart will begin to sing.
Let me hear the music of water,
And thoughts like bells will ring.

Give me a cosy clump of trees,
And a breeze to caress my hair;
A piece of sky with waving hills,
And vagabond clouds in the air.

Give me the stillness wherein,
God of my Fathers will speak.
It’s Him, my soul is restless for,
It’s Him, my heartbeats seek.

I don’t want them for myself alone,
With so many I have to share.
With extended hands they wait...
For me and for a drop of care.
                     
                +++

No comments:

Post a Comment