Familian:BidVertiser

Tuesday 10 May 2016

Chained to Hard Earth





















I’ll never have the good luck
Of traveling in an aeroplane
All my life it has been a lowly
Public bus or a republic train
I am tied to the hard earth’s soil
By the poverty gravitational chain!              

I have no roof to call my house
Not a cheap car my own to call
No cash in purse to buy what I like                         
The morsels I survive on are dole                 
O rosy dreams hover not over me
To catch one my status isn’t tall!                   

I seek pleasure in other places
In the wee flower on the mead
In a little bird’s song on the tree
And in a little insect underneath
In a twinkling star in the far sky
And in the garden’s sprouting seed!           

Xavier Bage
Wed, May 11, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment