Familian:BidVertiser

Friday 17 November 2017

The Night Watchman's Wait




 















Oh, how distant is the morning?
To himself asks the night guard
How slow are the dark maid’s steps
Waiting for her to pass is hard!

Waiting for her to pass is hard
But can’t permit my eyes to sleep
That will be a sin of dereliction
I must be awake, a watch to keep.

I must be awake, a watch to keep
The Master and his children rest
His property in house and outside
No thieving hands must wrest!

No thieving hands must wrest
The house for good and charity
In the darkness when evil moves
I must be alert without disparity.

I must be alert without disparity
Till the stars down to the west slope
Till the cockerel crows in the coop
A bird baby turns in ma’s envelope
              
A bird baby turns in ma’s envelope 

Hear a wee chirp on the chest tree!
It’s morning, the glad voices sing
Behold to east the first light’s glee!



Xavier Bage
Sat, Nov18, 2017








No comments:

Post a Comment