Familian:BidVertiser

Friday 24 November 2017

I Will Not Open My Windows















“In the forest of my sacred land
There will be only one kind of tree
The Ficus Religiosa, my favorite tree
Won’t it be nice and tidy?
To have only one kind of tree
All lined and planted at equal distance
Like our soldiers ready for a parade!
All other trees of other species
I will cut down;
their saplings I will uproot!

I’ll keep only one kind of flower
In my flower garden,
The only flower I like to see blooming
Flowers of other species I’ll not tolerate
Even if they sprout naturally in the soil!
Won’t it be thrilling to my eyes to see
My desired kind of flower in my land?
I’ll arrange the flower beds, as I wish
And the pools in my garden, as I want.

I hate varieties and diversities!
I hear people say, “Variety is the flavor of life.”
Pure humbug and falsehood!
Only one kind of food all my life.
I will dress  myself in only one kind of linen
I’ll keep in my mind
only my kind of thoughts
No, I’ll not open my windows.
Winds will bring different thoughts
Than what I hold close to my chest.
Winds blowing in from other climates
My nose abhors them
They stink like rotten garbage
No, don’t tell me to open my windows.
I will not, for all the black money
Returned to the treasury!



Xavier Bage
Fri, 24 November 2017





No comments:

Post a Comment