Familian:BidVertiser

Wednesday 4 October 2017

The Chalice of Acid I Must Drink
























Confess, it’s there within me

Like a bitter liquid, simmering

In the chalice of my heart

A sadness I can’t spill out;

Can’t share with anyone

Pungent like a corrosive acid

Burning the cup that contains it.


                                A dream has been snatched from me
                                
                                Not a part of my body but

                                To whom I gave a part of my soul

                                By iron hands and stony hearts

                                And a friend has flown far from

                                The line of trees, beyond vision

                                Beyond my desperate calls to return



The tears that fell from innocent eyes

Have corroded me to the deepest

Perhaps the rulers don’t know

These drops can spell curses

On them to decimate from earth --

Them and their offspring spoiled

As I drink this chalice to the dregs.





Xavier Bage

Wed, Oct 04, 2017










No comments:

Post a Comment