Familian:BidVertiser

Tuesday 17 October 2017

A Little Cricket Let My Heart Be









Let my heart be a little cricket
All night in praise to sing,
when all voices of the village fall silent
that lets its fullest voice ring.

A little bush, a small twig, a tiny leaf,
that’s what I need to cheer;
what’s this darkness to me,
the stars are above and fireflies near.

What did the human world gift me?
Few joy flowers, more thorns and pain,
At the sunset, what my palms hold
A few stones, some infected notes as gain!

A cricket is never alone in singing,
choral voices help to angelic birth;
in the world of betrayal and deceit
my songs are strewn on cruel earth.
  
Let my heart be the little cricket,
All night let it strike its sweet chord
The voices of the village may sleep
May my whole being glorify my Lord!


Xavier Bage
Wed, Oct 18, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment