Familian:BidVertiser

Friday 27 October 2017

Through a Narrow Pipe



 

















Why should I look at a tree
Through colored glass?
I won’t!
Don’t make me do it;
Please don’t!
I would like to see the beauty of a tree
As it really is! Wouldn’t you?

Should I look at Mount Everest
Through a narrow pipe?
I won’t!
Don’t compel me to do it.
Please don’t!
I want to see the beauty of the snow peak
In its fullness! Don’t you?

I’d love to appreciate the workmanship
That is treasured in birds and butterflies
In the flowers and the stars;
The craftsmen and their creations
The masons and the monuments
They gave shape to! Wouldn’t you?

You want to rage the monuments
Because it was built by someone you dislike
Because you hate the concept it was born in
You detest the period of history when
It was formed?
You want to erase what time has engraved?
You want to compel me to agree. You can’t!

Let me alone, O Narrowness,
I am a free spirit flying over the universe
No cage can enslave me
An angel to sing of beauty and truth
And of goodness, reflected and radiated
All around the creation
We can all see. Can’t you?



Xavier Bage
Fri, Oct 27, 2017



No comments:

Post a Comment