Familian:BidVertiser

Friday 29 January 2016

To Children I Couldn't Save



In spite of my best efforts, I failed to save some children. The forces that snatched them from me and from safety were stronger and deceitful as well!

When I extended my hand
Why didn't you hold it?
Why did you turn your face
When I opened my arms?
O child, why did you trust
The treacherous waves more
Than the healing love offered?

O child, why didn’t you believe
The unconditional goodness
Reserved sacredly only for you
Why did you run after mirages
Which deceive as you approach
Like the world’s selfish minds -
Shunning selfless love rocks?

O dear child, where are you now?
Curse the waves that swallowed you
The fire that singed you to death!
I did my best to save you but failed
The deceitful powers were stronger
Those who pushed you away were
More cunning than a God- loving heart!

How helpless and insulted I feel
But can do nothing before the muscles
that twist the fate of others on whims
O child, I could have pulled you to safety
If only you had listened to my voice
Why did you turn to the shadowy calls
Emanating from dark devilish bushes?

Xavier Bage
Fri, 29 Jan 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment