Familian:BidVertiser

Thursday 14 January 2016

When Doubly Foul is the Fair



I sit on a rock and think
What if I fall off the brink!
What if a volcano erupts under
And rends my body asunder
What if all the snow on the Himalayas melts into water
And watery coffin sheets all the earth cover
What if I go to the road
And struck by a vehicle fall 
For any saving help
Before making a call!

What if
My enemies in the office
Surround me, pull me down
What if I am thrown out of the house
Without a roof over my head
What if I lose the little underpaid job I have
And have no food for my children and me!
What if
all the fears that plague me
Fall on my head one day
Will my existence stay?


My “what if worries”
Are not all unfounded
I may be an idealist
Or look like a philosopher
My roots are well grounded
My perceptions are correct and clear
My outer senses and internal powers
Have news that don’t cheer
All around blows stinky air
Where foul is foul,
And doubly foul is the fair!

My foes don’t know
Who behind me stands
He who keeps watch on me
Watches all souls in all lands
No one can tell me to fly away to the mountains
As long as God almighty is my strength
The most loving and kind who maintains
And cares for those who put their trust in Him
Will never allow evil to vanquish His beloved
They may have to suffer for long
In time to the joyous victory they’ll be led

Xavier Bage
Wed, Jan 13, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment