Familian:BidVertiser

Wednesday 15 March 2017

The Weak Boy's Plea



 















O teacher, O dear Ma’am,
If you don’t coach me for the exam
I’ll surely fail
Daddy is busy in his business
Mummy is not all that educated
I can’t expect them, me to bail
If you don’t coach me one to one
My train will surely derail.

Which subject I find easy, you ask
Well, to me none of them is easy
All of them are hard
I grasp not how those sums are solved
Grammar, history, geography, science
All are marked red in my progress card
Four times I carried letters home
“Come to the office to discuss your ward!”

I’ll definitely fall on this path
Tricky and slippery, unfeeling and unkind
to my tender shaky feet
I understand why so many hate school
Why so many drop away midway
To survive so many learn to cheat
I won’t,  I want you to hold my hand
And lead me, my future to meet!

Xavier Bage
Wed, March 15, 2017



No comments:

Post a Comment