Familian:BidVertiser

Monday 5 December 2016

Let A Humble Wanderer Tarry

















O  Lady on airs enthroned,
Look this way and smile
Don’t be too angry to speak
Grace me with your glance a while
This spirit is a vagabond, I know
Of the beauty spread all around
His gaze might turn to sensuous nature
But his love for you is rock sound!

O graceful fairy ethereal,
I dare not ask you to dwell in my heart
Just perch on a branch of my mind
Of its wanderings be a part
The cries in my biting belly
Make me slog on merciless land;
They compel me to relentless sweat
To look for luck in barren sand!

I’d have rushed to recline
Beside a ruminating river
Under a smiling moon above me
To sing as the eternal lover
No, those are unrequited dreams
Winging away to horizons, shamed
A wee worm I’ve been turned into
By powers over me untamed!

O glorious goddess, in your temple
Poets of all ages flock
Let a humble wanderer tarry
Don’t your doors to me lock
No abode of a hut I own
No shed can I call home
Your doorsteps embrace me peace
After and before I roam!


Xavier Bage
Tues, Dec0 6, 2916

No comments:

Post a Comment