Familian:BidVertiser

Tuesday 13 December 2016

The Serf and the Noble




















When I deserve twenty
He grudgingly hands me five
The rest his greedy pouch hides
My needs cry for wages everyday
Even that meager he wouldn’t pay
When he’ll deign to throw it to me
Only his unjust mind decides!

A serf I am for a celebrated lord 
His name travels beyond borders
Awarded for fluent generosity
In the dark realm of his heart
The prince of hell keeps a mart
Where he sells gifts soiled in sin
Wrapped with colors of charity!

Oh, to work for such a noble!
For an unworthy servant me
Is an honor undeserved!
He mayn’t give me my due
But his words hold holy hue
The lofty mind in crafty care
Pious ideals artfully swerved!!

Powerless I’m not, though poor
My hands I offered to rope
My tongue I’ve laid to bondage
Shatter the chains I can if I wished
Burn the infernal injustices dished
But I’m afraid the flying iron loops
May hurt the buds around with rage!!

Xavier Bage
Wed, Dec 14, 2016




No comments:

Post a Comment