Familian:BidVertiser

Saturday 9 July 2016

The Earthen Lamp
























The sun is about to return home
A fateful night is about to fall
Darkness descends to rule us
Until the morning birds call

My life may set with the disc
Or with midnight Hunter’s rise
With leaning Scorpion perhaps
Or may spring a happy surprise

Until then my mind is mobbed
With whirlwinds of thought
My children, my wealth, my plan
The houses and land I bought

Who will inherit the empire?
My children who are not mine?
Their spouses who farther stand?                    
My mind’s made, what’s will divine?

None is worthy to follow me
None noble well for the throne
Will my ideals, visions, dreams
With my departure die be gone?

To whom shall I pass in peace
The torch that burns in me?
Who will shine the light I lit
In times future for all to see?

“If it pleases you entrust me,”
Says a humble lamp earthen
“I mayn’t burn as brightly as you
In humble way, I’ll carry on.”

Xavier Bage
Sat, July 09, 2016








No comments:

Post a Comment