Familian:BidVertiser

Friday 11 May 2018

This Side of the Forest


 

















He robbed me of the little money
I had, and left me penniless poor
He was too strong for me
Though fought, I could not fend.
What can a pauper do?
I couldn’t go to the police
Only money is able to make
Them, their uncaring ears, lend!

I see the culprit arrogantly walk
Before me with swollen chest
With a crooked smile on his lips
 In his pocket he keeps the cops and courts!
My belly shouts against the injustice
But the voice can’t touch him
He is ensconced on a concreted throne
Smugly secure behind seven forts!

He travels in the air like gods
Trotting the distant lands at wish
While with the few impotent coins
The grain grocer I fear to face
Revolution, revolution I hear in the air
Who will bring it to me ever?
The gun carriers roaming the forests
Will they dawn dignity and grace?

Xavier Bage
Fri, May 11, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment