Familian:BidVertiser

Thursday 24 May 2018

Blood in the Brook


 




















Oh Mahua, my dear sister Mahua,

Why did you enter the forest?

Of all the options under the sky

Did this seem to you the best?



Many a times as curious child

you had been to the nearest wild

To watch the uncommon birds

And strange flowers on bushes!

What pulled you to live there?

Surely, it was not to find rest !



What prompted you to carry a rifle?

Was it to play normal childlike trifle?

What pulled you to sleep under trees?

What turned a village belle into wolf?

Visiting in darkness only to find food?

Tho’ poor we are, our hut is our nest!



Oh, those tender feet and hands!

What dragged them to rugged lands?

Whatever taught you to lay mines?

What made you trigger killing blasts?

What taught you to handle bombs and

 Filled violence in your angelic chest?


My brother, a sister can you forgive?

Village didn’t remain a place to live;

For me, after the villain violated me

The arrogant son of the moneyed man

to avenge myself I needed power

and the forest embraced me with jest!



It was a silent half moon night

When the CRPF sneaked in might

The fiery encounter beside a brook

Reddened the pure water flowing

With blood from bulleted comrades

Mahua, amid them in the death fest!



Oh Mahua, my dear sister Mahua,

Why did you enter the forest?

Of all the options under the sky

Did this seem to you the best?





Xavier Bage

Fri, May 25, 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment