Familian:BidVertiser

Friday 16 March 2018

You Cheated Me for Long
























You cheated me for long, far too long

And I allowed myself to be cheated?

How long can you continue doing it?

O foxy shopkeeper, you can do it once

You can do it twice, may be even thrice

You can’t do it the fourth time, no, you can’t

By that time even a cow will become wiser

I am better,  I am a two-legged human being!



You promised me the stars to lure me, didn’t you?

You sold me a ware rejected for years

You wrapped it neatly in a glossy paper

You are an expert in the art of presenting

Falsehood as truth most desirable;

Murdered Julius Caesar and dressed it

As the love of Rome before gullible eyes

You master of modulated mime, your game’s up!



Well, you have had your time of business

Now, the moment has come to leave the bazaar

Better pack up your ware and be invisible

Before the buyers you deceived find out

And begin to hurl stones and brick bats at you

Then you will find no place to hide your head

The swollen chest you bragged about

Will then shrink like a punctured balloon!






Xavier  Bage

Fri, March 16, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment