Familian:BidVertiser

Tuesday 20 March 2018

The Proud Pakoda and the Shamed Samosa























The fried food stall at the street corner
Doubtlessly is my favorite joint
Every evening, my legs are mesmerized
To turn that way, my will pulverized
Propelled by the pungent pull
Floating to my nostril’s particular point!

These days I find the pakodas visibly swollen
No less an authority than the Prime Minister
Has endorsed selling them as employment
Truly they provide patrons immeasurable enjoyment
I wonder why he didn’t bat for the beverage
Samosas see in it something sinister!

They know (told by the honorable himself)
That in a railway station he used to sell tea
We samosas were the natural companion
Pakodas were low cast, ask any historian
Like the Dalit and downtrodden in society
On them often you’d find likes of flea!

How the times have been a-changing
When bullet trains as blurred lines zoom
Though sidelined samosas will attend
The senior travelers if they don’t mend
 They will be honored as pathpointers
But the flower of Pakoda’s fortune will bloom, bloom!

“Hey! You may divide the platform between you.”
Yelled the chutney sans top covers
You may, if you like, call me a flirt
For I go with any fried guy, it doesn’t hurt
Hop from one party to another like  a frog
Platform or palace I have thousand lovers!


Xavier Bage
Tues, March 20, 2018






No comments:

Post a Comment