Familian:BidVertiser

Tuesday 13 February 2018

Be My Valentine for a Moment


















Clementine, O Clementine,
Will you be my Valentine?
Will you receive my li’l rose
And come with me to dine?

Out of my window, I see
you walk down the street
My heart a hundred times
has knelt at your fair feet!

I couldn't make myself do
In person before you stand
Me a son of a humble home
You a princess of fairyland!

You float over high clouds
While I walk earthly roads
My hands so rough and hard
Lifting, porting heavy loads!

Finding you as my Valentine
May  remain a fool’s dream
You’ll never turn your gaze
On a penniless man to beam!

As your name so declares
To stand a moment, deign
Will you receive my li'l rose
‘Ere as the queen you reign.                                                




Xavier Bage
Wed, February 14, 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment