Familian:BidVertiser

Sunday 28 February 2016

Let Me Sing with You a While




As I was taking my morning walk in the playground, I saw a little bird perched on the topmost branch of the tallest tree of the garden. Its sweet singing blew a breeze of joy into my heart.

O angelic singer, o spirit free
Perched at the topmost twig
Of the garden’s tallest mango tree
Sing again sweetly and fill me with hope
I have to sow light in the nights
Of the heart of many despaired who grope
O celestial messenger fill me to the brim

O wind’s beloved, O winged bard
 for those crushed under the weight of burdens
to hope against hope, it’s so hard
The suffering heart can only cry in pain
Can you bring back those words of joy
 I have lost in stumbling through strain?
                                                                                                                                           
O carefree musician, O joy creator true
Let me sit with you a little while
And hum along in tune with you
Unlike yours, my voice is not sweet
Perhaps I will learn a drop of sweetness
If I endeavor my best with you to tweet              

Xavier Bage
Mon, February 29, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment