Familian:BidVertiser

Saturday 27 June 2020

Minds Made of Clay



Is it my age

That is making my eyes see things?

Is it my advancing years

 that is making my ears hear uncommon things?

Long ago I was told by the grand old man

in subtle words of scheming  manipulations

that he is no better

than the lowest filth

in the  strata !

But I didn’t believe it

I was a believer in the sureness of the minds

Having lofty aims of uplifting men!

No, now I realize

We are all petty creatures made from clay

Painted over to look exotic and fashionable

 Harboring earthly desires,

crawling in the gutter of our sinfulness!

Don’t be disappointed for this holy place

This place of pilgrimage

This too was made by human hands

Of many  frailties!


Xavier Bage

6/27/2020

Composed: Oct 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment