Familian:BidVertiser

Sunday 6 October 2019

Isn't All Well in This Land?















Isn’t all well in our land?
It has been declared
from the highest pulpit.
All is well with the people
They live happy and contented life
Why don’t you believe?
So many others believe it,
You too must believe it!

These my faithful are so patriotic
They are clapping at my surgical strikes
They are thrilled, I’ve given them Balakot
They are exhilarated
I have landed a good slap at the neighbor’s cheek
These patriots love it
Why don’t you yell all is well?
Are you not a patriot?

The patriots don’t need jobs
I have given them the job of singing
Praises to me and maligning my opponent
Day in day out with all their energy
They sing hymns to me and genuflect
They are not hungry for food
I have fed them with something much better
A plate of food cooked in our kitchen
A pseudo religious dish, they love to lap !

Farmers ? Why speak of them?
I’ve given them schemes galore!
So numerous I can’t even keep track of all
My enemies ask ---
Why are so many of them committing suicide?
Surely not my fault!
How dare you lay the blame at my door?
You are tarnishing the image of the country?
And spoiling my name.
You are an "Urban Naxal" or what?!


Why this hue and cry about Kashmir?
Why shout when I arrest
those trouble making politicians?
Why should they be allowed to have their own flag?
Their own prime minister?
Never! One nation, one flag!
I am the only prime minister!
I want to embrace them
370 keeps them far from me
Now, the heaven is ours with its fairies!
And my devotees can have them!
Isn’t all well in our beloved motherland?



Xavier Bage
Sat, Sept 28, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment