Familian:BidVertiser

Tuesday 28 August 2018

Salute of the Gatekeeper



The gatekeeper doesn’t salute me
Neither does he say “Good morning, Sir”
He knows who is boss here
Not one ray of power reflects from me
He bows to persons two steps before me
And two steps after me
As they move across the gate.

He knows very well
Who sits closest to the seat of power
Who has sharp teeth within his jaws
Who can bite him and inject rabies.
Why should one fear a butterfly
It can’t cause you any pain
One should be wary of a yellow wasp!

I just smile when I pass the gate
Those who are greeted ignore the greeting
They look the other way
They don’t even care to nod their head
For they too know the gatekeeper
Doesn’t salute them out of respect
It’s his belly he’s saluting!

Xavier Bage
Tues, August 28, 2018






No comments:

Post a Comment