Familian:BidVertiser

Monday 23 April 2018

Sister Summer's Gifts


 

















Fire of the scorching summer

Singes every cell of my skin

The devil’s hell has drawn near

 Retribution of my bundled sin!



The Sun angrily glares above

Tortures me with thirst deep

At day it whips every pore

At night it spears my sleep!



Forgive me, O sister summer

It’s not a grumbling whine

 I know and am glad about it

Gifts You bring sweet and fine!



Jacks and mangoes are hanging

From the generous loving trees

We will slurp of your kindness

To our hearts content sans fees!



When you pack to wave farewell

To tour other lands for a year

Your gifts will remind of you

Help wait for summer cheer!






 

















Xavier Bage

Mon, April 22, 2018






No comments:

Post a Comment