Familian:BidVertiser

Sunday 28 August 2016

The Cottage Facing the Forest























That wooden cottage facing -

the forest , once that was mine,

A wee stream flowed by languidly

Singing angelic hymns divine.



Little fish swam in the water

And lazy prawns hung to weeds,

Birds of all songs, sizes, shades

Flew about in search of seeds.



Peacocks danced on the banks

As from trees their mates called,

Waves over the stones clapped

 As winds on the banks balled.



Deer, rabbits, foxes and boars

Paid me visits every still night,

But when the elephants’ herd

Rolled past, was a roaring sight.



Now, I’m distant from the grove

That cottage and the jungle breeze,

The droopy dreams I’ve left behind

Lay around my  memories a seize.



I cannot return to the cute cottage,

The animals, birds, gobs and ghosts,

They send messages to my heart

They wait for me as eternal hosts.



Xavier Bage

Sun, Aug 28, 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment