Familian:BidVertiser

Friday 29 December 2017

Two Days to Christmas


Two days to Christmas I look within
And around me. What a sight!
I am tattered and torn
How I’ll present myself to my Lord
At His nativity night?

On my soul I carry many a sin
The ailments that have defied cure
Unremitted  and unforgiven
Hurting every moment of living
Like my pauper poverty they endure!

The dignity of minimum joys will I gain?
The wishes of my longing sighs?
It’s going to be evening soon
The daylight is fast diminishing
But the stars are hidden behind skies.

“Surrender,” whispers a voice from the manger
Where on dry hay the infant is laid
The mother  the handmaid on its side
And the father standing on their service
“Easy  for myself couldn’t have I made?”

Xavier Bage 
Fri, 22 Dec 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment