Familian:BidVertiser

Saturday 8 April 2017

The Child Within Me Seeks
















The child who was once born
In the tea estate quarters
Happily plays still within me
Under the grand fruit tree
Be it evening, day or morn!

Walks to the primary school
Stepping on the gravel path
Beside the humming factory
By smells from the dispensary
Watching tadpoles in a pool!

Beside the tea garden green
With playmates in the meadow
With short beloved pet names
Oblivious to the world in games
In innermost memories is seen!

Still the child within me seeks
Papa’s wide shoulders to climb
Mama’s soft sweet calls to hear
A care-laden adult soul to cheer
To himself as if in dream speaks!

Papa is not around me to hold
Mama is not close me to kiss
My fingers long for father’s hand
But now I am in an orphan land
Alone in a world cruel and cold!

Xavier Bage
Sat, April 8, 2017



No comments:

Post a Comment